top of page

New York city Veterans Assistance Filing a VA Claim

Good News Veteran Brothers and Sisters.


New York City and New York State are now working together to get veterans and their families the federal benefits they have earned.


The New York State Division of Veterans’ Services (NYS DVS) has trained and accredited New York City Department of Veterans’ Services (NYC DVS) staff members to process Veterans Affairs (VA) claims. The two veteran agencies have furthered their partnership and will work together to process claims for disability compensation, G.I. Bill benefits, and non-service-connected pension. 


Getting started is quite easy just click on the link below and fill out the Contact Us email form and submit it.


At the last question on the form “How did you hear about us?”

Please enter VVA 126.

File a VA Claim - DVS (


An NYC DVS Veterans Benefits Coordinator  WILL call you back in a couple of days



You will have to get all your paper ready

You will need the following paperwork



•Discharge or separation papers (DD214 or equivalent)

•Medical evidence (doctor and hospital reports) if you have them

•Dependency records (marriage and children's birth certificates)


If you have any difficulty with filling out the email form or have any other claims related questions you can email them at


We at Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 126 would like to know how you are making out with your claim or if we can assist you in any way.


When you get a chance come back to this page, press the email button below, and let us know you are doing. 


bottom of page